Well, I decided to celebrate the ordinary...that's right--my kids are being nice to each other these days and its been pretty fun! I realize its only a season, but I think I am getting a taste of what fun it could be with these kiddos (:
Ella is so extraordinary! She is constantly helping Asher with things, relieving me of the duty! For instance, the kids were in the bike trailer and generally I don't stop for just a 'whiny' cry. Asher happened to be giving that little whine and I was ignoring him and pedaling on (this was a 14 mile ride) and I look back and Ella is giving him snacks, which she reached back into the back and got. THEN, he was upset a little later and she reached back and got him his milk! All the while, she was saying "Asher, its okay...you're okay...". It was so sweet of her!
Asher on the other hand--he is finally slowing down with the hitting. So all of you with kids, you know the little swat they need to learn not to do....well, its taken Asher about 4 times as long as Ella to understand gentle. I guess it was worth the wait because now if he hits, and I say gentle it is the cutest thing--he leans in for a hug and then rubs with his hand in a soft gentle motion. He really is a sweetheart. I guess the other thing worth mentioning for his 16 months he has quite a vocabulary. Now he can't pronounce things exact (no duh) but he says a lot--dadda home, Ella, nanna(banana), and signing-- more, please, all done, and milk! Things are a lot easier around our house without his frustration of not being able to communicate!




1 comments:
Woohoo...isn't it such a relief when everyone is getting along!
Post a Comment