CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

A Grateful Heart is a Happy Heart

"Joyful, Joyful!!!"
Recently, things have been a little difficult with the Ash-meister.....he has been a grump for over a week now!  We thought he was sick, we thought it was teeth....we didn't know what to think!  Its been trying on me and I have had to pray that I can get through the day with him (seriously, it was that bad!).  Of course Ella was helpful for a few days and then she got tired of it too (;  He just had a really stuffy head and didn't sleep well at all for a long time.  Of course the nose was just like an open faucet.
Well, yesterday Tyler made an amazing discovery!  Asher has been getting 3 more teeth!!  We know for sure one of them is a molar too!  Yeah!  The poor guy has been behind in the teeth race with his friends for quite some time.  It took him until he was about 11 (?) months to get his first tooth....I could be exaggerating but his friends have all had most of their teeth for months and months now!
In the midst of chaotic children, a 50 hour workweek husband, a new part-time job, an addiction to season 4 LOST online episodes, etc I was able last night to actually sit and read 'part' of a chapter of a book that I have tried to return to a friend now for what seems like a month!  (Sorry Kristin!!)  

Well, God used this book to bring me back to what matters.  
Here's an excerpt:  (From YOU MATTER MORE THAN YOU THINK by Dr. Leslie Parrott)

"I've come to see this so plainly in my life that gratitude is now something I 'practice.'  I actually discipline myself to be more grateful.  Not for show, but for my spirit.  The more gratitude I seem to cultivate, the less reason I have not to give myself to others.
Gratitude unlocks all manner of kindness that self-loathing pain would prefer we keep hidden away.  For example, I'm convinced that if I did not find a way to be grateful for what I went through with my dad, I would be bound by bitterness.  I'd not be nearly as empathetic and loving to my children, my husband, my colleagues, my friends--and to my God.  As I said, gratitude unlocks a loving heart."
"Did you know that even the word "gratitude" stems from the root word "grace"?  It makes sense, because that's exactly what gratitude engenders.......The more gratitude you cultivate, the more grace you have for others."
"Grace and Humility are two key components of gratitude and essential ingredients of love.  No wonder Terry Lynn Taylor said, 'Gratitude is our most direct line to God.'

0 comments:

Asher Hanging with Jackson

Thanksgiving Pictures

We played dress-up, board games, went to a Gingerbread House display, ate too much food, Tyler got to hunt with the boys, and lots more (:

The KING OF THE WORLD

The KING OF THE WORLD

PRETTY PRINCESS

PRETTY PRINCESS

How do I get through the Daily Happenings with Mr. Smith?

Recent Pics of our little man we call ASH

Another Ballet Slideshow (Class Number 3)

This is so much fun!

Ladies and Gentleman...Paul Wright and ROOTDOWN www.rootdownsound.com



Quantcast Press Play and ENJOY this funky sound! Tyler and I went to see them play and they were awesome! Our new favorite!